WELCOME TO ORANGEVILLE BAPTIST CHURCH
6921 Marsh Rd. Plainwell, Mi 49080
(269) 664-4377 orangevillebaptist.org
We are a Christ Centered Community Whose Aim Is To:
Believe In Christ,
Belong To Christ,
Become Like Christ, &
Build Through Christ-Together
Lead Pastor: Andrew Manwarren (906) 322-7206
Pastor of Student Ministries: Josiah Hayden (616) 581-7838
David Stout (269) 685-7872
Chuck Dennany (269) 303-9255
Bill Boyle (269) 217-3374
Randy Bender (269) 998-8370
Ken Brinks (269) 792-6504
Andy Stoneburner (269) 350-6052
This Week’s Memory Verse Psalm 73:25-26 Whom do I have in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
10:00 a.m.- Worship and Message from Luke 1:67-80
4:30 Youth Group at Bill and Sharon Boyle’s (a van will be at church at 4 for a ride)
6:00 p.m.- Growth Groups/Leaders: Randy Bender and Pastor Merlyn Jones
Wednesday 7 pm-Prayer Meeting and Bible Study
Thursday 12:30pm Senior Potluck Luncheon @ church (sharing of testimonies)
Saturday 10am-9pm MARRIAGE RETREAT
For your Calendar:
October 5 at 6 pm Ladies Bible Study on Habakkuk starting. Talk to Breanna Borden if interested.
Oct. 10-10am-4pm CHURCH CLEAN OUT DAY!
Oct. 17-1 pm- 4pm Dessert Wedding Reception Open House for
Austin & Brianna Moore (Registered with Amazon)
THE HALLWAY BY THE COUNSELING ROOMS HAS ITEMS AVAILABLE-TAKE ANYTHING YOU WANT BEFORE IT IS DONATED😊
Donations for the D.R trip can be put in the white trailer by garage.
October Is Missionary Focus Month!!!
Church Family we will be focusing on our missionaries the month of October. We need your help replenishing the missionary closet. This is blessing our missionary families by letting them “shop”
for needs that they have. In the Multi-purpose room, pick items from the treasure chest and return new items by October 1st.
September 13, 2020 Financial Report-
Weekly Budget $4266.44
-General Giving/Missions $5121.00
-Wolthuis Memorial $220.00
-Faith Promise $35.00
-Camp Fund $24.00
-Budget as of 9/30/2020 $166,391.55
-Year to Date Giving $157331.23
Pastor’s Sermon Notes:
Sermon Text: Luke 1:67-80
Sermon Title: Reasons to Praise God
reason #1: Redemption
reason #2: God is Faithful
reason #3: Transformed Life
reason #4: Forgiveness of Sins
reason #5: Dawning of a New Day
growth group discussion questions
- What kind of man was Zechariah? How would you characterize his spiritual life before and after the angel appeared to him? What lessons can be learned from this?
- How does the song of Zechariah help you to praise God for his work in human history and in your own life?
- If you were to lose everything in this life, would you still have a reason to praise God? Why or why not?
- Is your life full of praising God or grumbling and complaining?
- What promises of God do you have a hard time believing? Have you ever or are you now struggling to trust God concerning something?
- Zechariah had nine months to ponder his lack of faith and to use this time of silence to grow in his knowledge of God. What evidence from this chapter do you see that indicates that he had not become bitter during this time? In what ways do you think he grew during this time of silence? (See Luke 1:68-79). Psalm 46:10 tells us to be still and know that He is God. How can you benefit from times of silence in your life? What can you do to schedule some solitude this week?